You are here
You will need the following to complete your application for a substitute position:
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Resume (optional)
- High School Diploma or Transcript(s) Documenting Degree(s) Conferred
- Teaching Certificate (if applicable)
- Praxis Test Score Report(s) (if applicable)
- TB Test Result
- Three References – including names, email addresses, and contact information
Substitute teachers will be placed in the following groups:
- Group A [$120 per day]: Degree-holding teachers who are, have been, or could have been fully certified in Maryland; degree-holding teachers who can be, under special State-approved reciprocity arrangements, fully certified in the State; and retired teachers from the Washington County Public School system.
- Group B [$93 per day]: Individuals who hold a bachelor’s degree or above and do not have full certification in the State.
- Group C [$80 per day]: Individuals having less than a bachelor’s degree but a minimum of a HS Diploma.